Tasman Capital Partners ("Tasman") is an independent private equity firm specialising in turnaround, leveraged buyout and growth capital investments in the Australian and New Zealand lower middle market. Tasman was formed in September 2008 following a management buy-out of Nikko Principal Investments Australia.
The Tasman team, is one of the most experienced lower middle market teams in Australia having invested A$205 million in 8 middle market companies, delivering a gross internal rate of return of 67% from its six realised investments or a money multiple of 2.9x.
Tasman's disciplined and proactive approach together with hands on experience in business turnarounds and increasing earnings through active management enables Tasman to partner with management to identify and unlock business potential and maximise value for investors.
Tasman targets growth oriented businesses in Australia and New Zealand with enterprise valuations under A$100 million in the following areas:
- turnaround investments
- roll-ups and sector aggregations
- management buy-out and buy-ins
- public to private transactions
- partnerships with trade buyers/industry players
- expansion capital and vendor sell down deals
Tasman's senior team members have led various successful investments including:
- Tempo Services - sold to ISS
- Loscam Limited - 2005 AVCAL Award Winner
- Bledisloe Group
- sold to Invocare
- Pacific Nursing Solutions - 2006 AVCAL Award Winner