Tasman Capital Partners ("Tasman") is an independent private equity firm specialising in turnaround, leveraged buyout and growth capital investments in the Australian and New Zealand middle market. Tasman was formed in September 2008 following a management buy-out of Nikko Principal Investments Australia.
The Tasman team, with combined private equity experience in excess of 45 years, is one of the most experienced in Australia having invested A$400 million in 13 middle market companies, delivering a gross internal rate of return of 33% from its nine realised investments.
Tasman's disciplined and proactive approach together with hands on experience in business turnarounds and increasing earnings through active management enables Tasman to partner with management to identify and unlock business potential and maximise value for investors.
Tasman targets growth oriented businesses in Australia and New Zealand with enterprise valuations under A$200 million in the following areas:
- turnaround investments
- roll-ups and sector aggregations
- management buy-out and buy-ins
- public to private transactions
- partnerships with trade buyers/industry players
- expansion capital and vendor sell down deals
Gene Lorenz and Rob Nichols, both co-founders of Tasman, have worked together for 10 years and are former Directors of DB Capital Partners ("DBCP") where they were responsible for over A$600 million of institutional funds under management. Whilst at DBCP, Gene and Rob led successful investments including:
- Tempo Services
- Loscam Limited - 2005 AVCAL Award Winner
- CEA Technologies
- Wizard Mortgage Corporation (AFIG)
- Bledisloe Holdings
- Pacific Apparel Solutions
- Pacific Nursing Solutions - 2006 AVCAL Award Winner